Kandiyohi County administers many state and federal programs that provide aid for those in need. There are many different types of assistance programs that help with medical care, food, child care and much more. To find out more information about Financial Support Programs available in Kandiyohi County, please call 320-231-7800 or visit Kandiyohi County Health and Human Services at 2200 23rd Street Northeast, Suite 1020, Willmar, MN 56201. For additional information on Financial Support Programs, please view the support program pages listed below.
• Use ApplyMN for financial assistance on-line applications.
• Eligibility Screening Tool website www.bridgetobenefits.org This is merely a screening tool not an application for benefits. People must fill out an application with Kandiyohi County Health and Human Services to have eligibility determined.
• Use ApplyMN for financial assistance on-line applications
• Employers Guide
• State of MN Courts Self Help Center
• State of MN Court Forms
• Eligibility Screening Tool website www.bridgetobenefits.org
• Minnesota Health Care Programs See Who is eligible for more information about who can get help.
• Minnesota Food Assistance: The Minnesota Food Assistance program is a state program that is available to non-citizens 50 years of age or older when federal eligibility ends. The application process is the same as the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program.
• WIC (Women, Infants and Children) The Kandiyohi County Health and Human Services WIC Program is a federal program from the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) to help keep low-income women, infants and children up to age 5 healthy. It provides nutritious foods to supplement diets, information on healthy eating, and referrals to health care.
• Commodity Supplemental Food Program A federal program from the United States Department of Agriculture. The program consists of the Mothers and Children (MAC) program, for children age 5–6 years old and postpartum, non-breastfeeding mothers, 6–12 months, and the Nutritional Assistance Program for Seniors for residents age 60 and older. Find out more.
• Go to www.hungersolutions.org for more resources.