department events

Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

How can I contact the Health and Human Services Department?

Kandiyohi County Health and Human Services
2200 23rd Street Northeast, Suite 1020
Willmar, MN 56201-6600

(320) 231-7800    Toll Free: (877) 464-7800    For people unable to hear: (320) 231-7076  V/TDD

Human Services:  Call 231-7800, enter 8825 for Social Services Intake, Child Protection Report, Adult Protection Report, Receptionist
Human Services Fax:  320-231-6285
Adult Mental Health:  Ext. 2496
Child Care Licensing:  Ext 2466
Developmental Disabilities:   Ext 2497
Elderly and Under 65 Disabled:    Ext 2498
Nursing Home Pre-Admission Telephone Screenings:  Ext 2499
Financial Support:  Adults without minor children:  Ext 2348,  Families with minor children:  Ext 2349
Public Health:  Call 320-231-7800,  Receptionist: enter 8817
Public Health Fax: 320-231-7888
    Intake Nurse:  Ext. 2545
    Environmental Health:  Ext. 2545
    WIC:  320-231-7066  Or dial Public Health, ask for WIC

Where can I find a list of licensed child care providers?
Child Care Aware   Child Care Aware of America
I want to be a licensed child care provider.  How do I start this process?
Please visit the Kandiyohi County Family Child Care webpage.  Information is provided that will walk you through becoming a licensed child care provider.

If you are interested in learning how to become a licensed child care provider in Kandiyohi County, you must  attend an orientation meeting to begin the licensing process. This orientation will walk you through the information you need to know to determine if you are interested and able to start a child care program in Minnesota. Necessary requirements for opening a child care program will be outlined, highlighting the child care regulations, space requirements, information about proper ratios and staffing and resources for support. This orientational meeting will also introduce you to the important rules and regulations you need to know in order to run your business. And you’ll find out some information about how to best care for children in your program.
How do I apply for employment at Kandiyohi County?
Kandiyohi County Human Services employment information can be accessed through the Kandiyohi County Human Resources webpage.
How do I apply for employment with Kandiyohi County Health and Human Services?
Kandiyohi County Human Services employment information can be accessed through the Kandiyohi County Human Resources webpage.

When applying for Human Services vacancies, the application process for Kandiyohi County Health and Human Services is slightly different than other county departments. Please follow the instructions below carefully. Applicants must take the Merit Exam to be eligible for employment.  The link is below:
State of MN Merit System   

The Merit System is not required for all employment opportunities with the department. If you have questions on whether or not a position requires a Merit System test, please call Human Resources at 320-231-6215 and ask for Connie Mort, Human Resources Director.
I am interested in volunteering.
Visit the Kandiyohi County United Way website.
How do I access Veteran's Services in Kandiyohi County?
Please visit the Kandiyohi County Veteran's Services website, call 320-231-6226 or stop at the Veteran's Services Office at the Kandiyohi County Health and Human Services Building, 2200 23rd Street Northeast, Suite 2080, Willmar MN  56201. 
Where can I find reliable pubic health information?
PublicHealth.Org is dedicated to connecting patients, students and professionals to the latest and most useful healthcare information and resources available.