Temporary Case Aide (Two Openings)
Supports child protection and other workers by assisting with removing children from homes and other harmful environments; work may involve coordinating with appropriate agencies, transporting children, supervising visits and documenting cases. Acts as liaison between the social worker and the professional and administrative staff; and performs related work as assigned.
This will be a temporary/casual position tentatively 6 months.
To be eligible to interview for this position, the candidate must:
- Complete a Kandiyohi County application by Friday, September 24, 2021 @ 4:30pm
- A Kandiyohi County employment application can be found on our website at this link: Kandiyohi County Employment Application or picked up and submitted through the Kandiyohi County Human Resources office, 2200 23rd ST. NE, Suite 2020, Willmar, MN 56201 – phone: 320-231-6215 X2017
- In addition to the Kandiyohi County application, candidates must also complete a Minnesota Merit System application and pass the online test for this position by the application deadline
- Click on this link to apply and register for the online test at the Minnesota Merit System: Minnesota Merit System
- Applicants must meet the Merit System requirements including application and online testing for this position by the application deadline.
Kandiyohi County has a base pay for the Case Aide position. This position is B21 on the classification list and has a salary range of $42,733 - $61,960 annually ($20.54 – $29.79 hourly).
An Equal Opportunity Employer
This full time position involves supervision of juvenile/adult offenders and pre-dispositional investigations. The Probation Officer will be responsible for the overall supervision and management of a caseload as assigned. Duties may include interviewing offenders, assessing for risk and needs; determining treatment goals, enhancing motivation, utilizing case planning, referring clients to community agencies following evidenced-based practices in community corrections, counsel clients on issues, personal problems, establishing personal goals; Will work collaboratively with law enforcement, courts and social service agencies.
Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice, Corrections, Sociology or related field and experience in the field of corrections, counseling or chemical dependency. Requires excellent communication and computer skills. Some nontraditional work hours are required. Must pass a thorough background investigation. Valid Minnesota driver’s license required.
This is a C42 classification with a starting hourly rate of $30.26.
Applications can be found online at www.kcmn.us or picked up and submitted to:
Human Resources Director
2200 23rd Street NE Suite 2020
Willmar, MN 56201
The deadline is September 22, 2021, at 4:30 p.m.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Kandiyohi County Human Services
To apply for potential future openings for the following positions: Social Workers, Eligibility Workers, Accounting Technician, Case Aide, Office Support, Child Support
When applying for Family Services vacancies, the application process for Kandiyohi County Human Services is slightly different than other county departments.
Please follow the instructions below carefully.
Applicants must take the Merit Exam to be eligible for employment. The link is below:
State of MN Merit System https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/mnmeritsystem
Click here to find more information from Kandiyohi County Health and Human Services.
(Click on the word Applications below for a downloadable PDF file)
AFTER COMPLETING THE APPLICATION, YOU MUST SAVE THE FILE BEFORE PRINTING AND/OR EMAILING AS AN ATTACHEMENT!
Applications and Veteran's Preference Applications can be picked up and submitted through the
Kandiyohi County Human Resources Director
Health and Human Services Building
2200 23rd Street NE, Suite 2020
Willmar, MN 56201