department events

Emergency Resources and Reporting

Report Public Health Emergencies.

A public health emergency is anything that causes, or could cause, injuries or illness to a large number of people.  Please use the following guidelines to determine how to respond.

If this is an emergency, call 911.

Emergency Resources

Reportable Diseases
Find a list of reportable diseases A-Z at the Minnesota Department of Health. Click on the link below. MDH Reportable Diseases gif

How to Report a Disease
If you have a disease to report, contact the Minnesota Department of Health. Click on the link below. MDH Report a Diseases gif
Physician Reporting
For diseases that require immediate report, please call the Infectious Diseases Epidemiologist, Prevention and Control Division at : 612-201-5414 or 1-877-676-5414. For more information, click on the link below. MDH Methods of Reporting  Disease gif
Poisoning or Foodborne Illness

Poison Emergencies: Call 911 Got a Poison Question? Call 1-800-222-1222.
   Immediate Professional Assistance
   Free of Charge
Foodborne Illness: If you think you are ill from eating food in a public setting, call the Minnesota Foodborne Illness Hotline at 1-877-FOOD-ILL (1-877-366-3455)

Natural or Man-Made Emergencies
To report a natural or man-made emergency that may have public health consequences for the community, call your local Sheriff's Department Dispatch.
         Kandiyohi County Sheriff's Office Dispatch Center: 320-235-1260
Physical Contact with a Bat
If you have had physical contact with a bat, call your healthcare provider. If you find a bat in your home, capture it. Wait until regular business hours to call the Minnesota Department of Health at 651-201-5414 for advice or click on the link below.
MDH Animal Bites and Rabies Risk gif
Emergency and Community Health Outreach (ECHO)

Emergency, Community and Health Outreach Minnesota (ECHO): In an emergency, ECHO Minnesota will work with public officials to provide you and your family with the information that you need to stay healthy and safe in multiple languages. For additional information, click on the link below.

In the event of a public health or safety crisis, Call ECHO Phone 1-888-883-8831 toll free within Minnesota).
ECHO gif

Food, Pool and Lodging Licensing Information

Contact Minnesota Department of Health for Licensing Jurisdiction regarding Food, Pool, and Lodging (FPL)Licensing. Click on the click below to determine who will license your establishment. Click on your county on the map for the agency information
MDH Licensing Jurisdiction gif

  MDH Emergency Operations "after Hours" number:  651-201-5735
Minnesota Department of Health Emergency Operations "after Hours" number:  651-201-5735  For more information, click on the link below. 

MDH Emergency Operations gif