Marriage License Application Information
YOU MAY NOW APPLY ONLINE AT https://moms.mn.gov/application IN KANDIYOHI COUNTY
- Applications are accepted form 8:00am to 4:00 pm daily. Couples can complete an on-line application at the Recorders Office, by using your home computer and or mobile device by completing and submitting the application here.
- Completing the on-line application is the first step in applying for a marriage license. BOTH APPLICANTS MUST appear at the recorders office to finish applying for the marriage license and paying the appropriate fee(s). If you apply outside the office all you need to provide is your names to office staff and that you applied on line. Office staff then can access the portal and retrieve the application for further processing.
- You MUST have a license purchased before getting married. The license is only good in Minnesota (Cannot be used in any other state). The license must be used within six (6) months or it expires. There are no refunds for unused licenses.
- To obtain a marriage license YOU MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE. Be prepared to present valid identification and provide social security numbers.
- You MUST provide information about any felony convictions on or after August 1, 2000. No blood test or physical is required.
- If you have been previously married and are divorced you must provide the divorce date, place of termination and court where terminated. If you are widowed please provide the date and place of death.
||Without premarital education
||With a completed and signed Educator's Statement of Premarital education presented at the time of application.
||Absent Marriage Applicant Fee
||Marriage License Re-issue/Re-place
***NO OUT OF STATE CHECKS ACCEPTED***
NOTICE: NO MARRIAGE LICENSE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER 4:00PM DAILY.