Services for People with Developmental Disabilities
Developmental Disabilities (DD) Waiver: Home and community based services necessary as an alternative to institutionalization that promote the optimal health, independence, safety and integration of a person who meets the waiver eligibility criteria and who would require the level of care provided in an Intermediate Care Facility for Persons with Developmental Disabilities. To be eligible for the DD Waiver, a person must choose the DD Waiver and meet all of the following criteria:
- Eligible for Medical Assistance (MA) based on a disability diagnosis.
- Have a developmental disability or a related condition as defined in Minn. Rules 9525.0016, Subp. 2.
- Determined by the case manager/service coordinator to meet the ICF/DD level of care criteria.
- Require daily interventions, daily service needs and a 24-hour plan of care that is specified in the community support plan.
- Assessed to need a residential habilitation service that must be included in the person’s community support plan.
- Have made an informed choice of waiver services instead of ICF/DD services.
- Have an assessed need for supports and services over and above those available through the MA State Plan.
- Senior LinkAge Line at 1-800-333-2433.
- Disability Linkage Line® at 1-866-333-2466.
- If you have questions about any services, call Kandiyohi County Health and Human Services at 320-231-7800 during business hours
- Visit the Minnesota Department of Human Services Factsheets
- Centers for Disease Control Factsheet: Intellectual Disability