CARES ACT FUNDING
CARES Pandemic Relief (CPR) Grant Program
Governmental entities within Kandiyohi County have received CARES Act funding from the federal government through allocations made by Governor Walz. In Kandiyohi County, 9 cities and 22 townships, in addition to the County, have received funds to disburse. A portion of the funds may be utilized to support small businesses and nonprofits that have experienced challenges due to COVID-19 and the Governor’s orders to reduce or close businesses.
Several local government entities have formed a coordinated program utilizing the EDC as the application and disbursement entity for all businesses and nonprofits.
CPR Grants for Small Businesses
- Eligible applicants may request up to $15,000 in CPR Grant assistance based upon need.
- Actual grant awards will be based on number of employees impacted, gross revenue loss and available funding. The grant funds do not need to be paid back.
- Completed applications must be received by the EDC by 5:00 p.m. on October 29, 2020 to be considered.
- Applications will be considered and acted on by the EDC’s Finance Committee and the Kandiyohi County Board of Commissioners.
- The status of the data supplied for CARES Act funding will be governed by MN Statute 13.591.
Eligible Business Applicants
- For-profit businesses that can demonstrate business losses. Businesses need to show a gross revenue reduction of at least 25% between March 1, 2020 and May 30, 2020 compared to the previous year.
- Small businesses with up to 50 employees (Full Time Equivalents, FTEs). Employees for this grant program may be either W-2 employees or independent contractors.
- All eligible applicants must have a physical, commercial location, whether owned or leased, that is located in Kandiyohi County.
- All eligible applicants must be registered with the Minnesota Secretary of State and have been operating since March 1, 2019.
- Businesses are eligible to apply for CPR funding from only one local unit of government.
Ineligible Business Applicants
For the CARES ACT Application Forms and more answers to common questions and additional requirements please click on the EDC’s website www.kandiyohi.com.